Feb 16 – Witley

Dear mother and sister

Just a few lines to let you know I am still in Witley yet. I expect this to be my last letter from this camp. I expect to leave this camp Tuesday night or Wednesday morning for Rhyl which is about 30 miles of Liverpool. It is about an hour ride on the train from Liverpool. I do not know how many days I will be kept at Rhyl. I expect to be there two days anyway.

I will wire you from Halifax or Toronto when I get there. So you will know when I am coming. I hope this letter finds you well as it leaves me fine and in the best of spirits, looking for soon to be home. The boys tell me here that I am fatter now then they ever saw me. Far fatter than I was ever in Canada. So do not be surprised if you see a big fat fellow of course I am not so fat that you will not know me. I don’t think I have changed much in looks. Of course it is not very long since I came away, it will soon be two years. I hear Clarence has reached home. I guess he feels pretty happy.

I wonder what you would say if I brought a nice bride home with me. I guess you would feel disappointed. Well don’t worry I don’t think I will. I can find one in Canada to suit me I think. Of course I have met some very nice girls out here.

How is Allies hope they are well. If you see them tell them I will soon be home. How is Ada still looking for me coming. I guess she will have forgotten me by now.

Well I will ring off I can not think of much to say. Will talk you blind when I get home. Bye bye with love from your ever loving son and brother Bruce xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment