Feb 1 – Witley Camp

Dear mother and sister

Just a line to let you know I am now back with the reserve. I had a real good time on my leave. This is my first day in camp but it seems very good. They are not doing much drill just waiting on getting back. I think I am safe at saying I will be sailing home some time this month. But you know it takes time to put papers through for a bunch of men. But after I get my board I may get a few more days leave if I want it. I may take it then for it will take a few days after that before my papers are finished.

I hope this letter finds you well as it leaves me just fine. I weigh now more than I ever weighed. I guess you will think that the scales did not weigh right. 168 is what I weigh today. I just got weighed a few minutes ago. When I came from France to Basingstoke Hospital I only weighed 142. So you can see what I have gained this last while.

Well I had a fine time on leave. Enjoyed myself good. Would have like to stayed longer only I thought I would get away home quicker by getting here and have them start my papers through.

Well we got a little snow on the ground here today but I don’t think it will amount to much. How is Allies hope they are well. Bye bye from Bruce

Oh yes in case you right address my mail to the 3rd Can. Reserve Witley Camp, England of course. I don’t think you need to write for if I am not on my way home by the time you get this letter I would be before I would receive an answer. From your loving son and brother Bruce xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment