Feb 9 – Witley

Dear mother and sister

Just a few lines hoping they find you well as it leaves me fine. I am still waiting on my papers coming from Head quarters, London. I am sure of being here another week at least. And I would not be surprised if they keep us here and send us back with the Battn when it comes from France. Any way there is no use worrying the longer I be here the more money I will have. In fact it would be better if I did not get home until the 1st of April. Then I would have my three years in the army and would be entitled to the three year gratitude. Were I to get discharged before the 23rd of March I will only receive the two year one. Of course I do not care, the two year one will do me if I get away home soon.

Well mother how is Ada and you getting along. I suppose she keeps you and Lizzie busy tending to her. How is Allies tell them I will soon be home. Say do you know who I saw the other day. Lieut Orr that used to be in V. Harbour he is waiting on going home too.

Say I got a big surprise the other day. I received 3 parcels, one of them were from you and I rec’d them on Friday, my birthday. They were quite a treat. I have rec’d no letters yet. Well I must ring off. Will write you another letter soon. Do not be worrying I will be home right away. Bye bye with love from your loving son and brother Bruce xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment