Jan 11 – Basingstoke, England

Dear mother and sister

Just a line to let you know I am now in England. I am in No. 4 Canadian Gen. Hosp. My ankle is not healed up yet so I have to stay here to it does.

I hope this letter finds you well as it leaves me quite well, only waiting for my ankle to heal so I can wear a boot on it. And then I will be on my way home. Just the matter of a week or two. I came to 3rd Can Hosp at Boulogne on the 9th and stayed one night there and came over on the boat yesterday. It was a little rough, it made me sick for about a hour. I don’t think it would have bothered me only for seeing the other fellows sick. That is four times for me across the Channel and I was never sick before neither I was sick coming from Canada.

Well when I got here the Sister brought me a couple good slices of toast and a cup of good tea. It was about two o’clock in the morning when I got here.

But is a lovely place to be (incomplete)

No comments:

Post a Comment