Feb 13 – Witley

Dear mother and sister

Do you know I wrote you a letter on Sunday and forgot to post it. And when I went to get my pad just now to write I found your letter in it. I felt like kicking myself. So I am going to put these few lines in with it. I hope you are keeping well.

Well my papers have come at last. I signed my last pay sheet yesterday and expected to get a teeth, nose and ear inspection this afternoon. I was told that we would be leaving here on the 19th and sailing on the 21st, but I’m not sure. They get some great stories going. Any way I will get away this month.

That Smith that was in the 177th Battn that is a cousin of ours. He is here too waiting on going home. He was telling me he owed Lizzie a letter. He has just come from Germany a short time. He put ten months in Germany a prisoner of war. But he don’t look any the worse of it.

Well I must ring off. I will be following this letter shortly of course. I expect to write you another before I leave here. Bye bye from your loving son and brother Bruce xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment