December 14

Dear mother & sister

Just a line to let you know I am well hoping this will find you the same. How did Lizzie get home from Orillia. How did you get over the concert? Did you see anything of any recruiters up around Moonstone. Did you hear anything about Douglas being drunk last Saturday in Coldwater when they were going home on their pass. I heard that Cap’t McDonald give them a great talking to. They never told me anything about it then.

I am right at home here. The Moonstone people must like Orillia for there is a big bunch in here now. How is Tommy Cowan. It has been pretty cold here this last few days. Is Ada cold in her stable. If you haven’t fixed it I will be able to do it at Christmas. But keep the blanket on her if it is cold. I may drive out on Sunday. If I don’t get out I may get you to drive in when I am going on my pass for Christmas if it is sleighing. I guess this is about all that I have to say. You want to be sure and write soon and I will let you know what day I am getting my pass, either by a letter or telephone. Major Wallace give me a late pass for a week for selling tickets. I remain your loving son and brother, Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment