September 7, 1916

Dear mother and sister

I hope this will find you well as I am at present. I got your letter today and was exceedingly glad to hear from you. We had a big rain storm here today and it is much nicer, it is pretty warm here yet. I am on guard out near Angus tomorrow. It is duty day for 177th. They are talking about taking us soon back to Orillia and Barrie. If the 157th don’t go across soon they will take them to Toronto.

I think Mack Sykes is going to get his discharge, he be’s sick a quite a lot. They only want good men any way. Things are looking good and they’re more particular now. I am going to try and get a weekend pass next week again. How is Ada, is she getting any fatter. I wish she would, because you will have to come over to Orillia a few times this winter to meet me. I bet that will suit Lizzie. She will be able to see him a few times then. Well I guess I had better ring off anyway. Looking either to see you or a letter right away.

Bye bye from your best friend son and brother

No comments:

Post a Comment