December 17

Dear mother & sister

Just a line to let you know I am well hoping this will find you the same. How is everything around Moonstone. Much talk about Christmas. Have you seen Allie lately. I suppose he is coming down for Christmas. I just got back from church now and had my dinner. We parade to the mid-church this morning. It was filled to the doors. The band played the hymns.

We got our new rifles on Friday. They seem a lot heavier then the old ones. They weigh 9 ½ lbs. they are called the Long Mark 3 Ross rifle.

Have you heard how Tommy Cowan is. The ones that get a pass at Christmas is getting it on Friday. The 22 to the 27th. I am pretty sure of getting one, so if you are coming in, come on Friday.

How is Ada. Put the collar and harness on her when you drive. I am going to get some more cards taken. I think I will get them taken with my rifle. Well I guess this is all I have to say this time. Looking for a letter from you soon. And tell me all the news. Bye bye from your loving son and brother, Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment