June, Camp Borden

Dear mother & sister

I have been looking for a letter from you all week and never got any. Have you started to dig the potatoes yet. How is Ada, I suppose Clarence is having a fat time, he was telling me that he might have a party. Tell me if he had it or not and if there was many there.

We had a pretty hard day of it yesterday. Out Battn walked to Alliston and back, it was the first day of the fair. Everybody stood it fine. Did you hear about B Company going to Orillia, the Orillia people doing their best to get us there. And B Company I think is going to get there now if they don’t change their mind. I don’t know if we get a pass next week or not. We may be moving. I will let you know before we move. If Allie (his brother Alex) comes down on Sunday tell Roy I have a little present for him. How is Tommy Cowan getting along. I got my picture of my company. Is there anybody coming in from Moonstone on Sunday. Well be sure and write right away and tell me all the news.

By bye from Bruce

2 comments:

  1. Karen, Thank you for sharing these letters from your Great Uncle. I have letters as well from my Great Uncle that served at Vimy and they are very powerful and precious to me. I have searched high and low on my Great Grandfather also apart of the 177th Battalion June 7, 1916. Do you have any additional information on the 177th? My Great Grandfather has a medical patch on his arm in his uniform picture and he died in 1923 so I can only assume not in active duty. Gladly reach out to me via my email jusdoit007@yahoo.ca

    I would love to hear any information you may have.
    Mrs. CJ Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, I just saw this comment! Thank you! I don't have much more information on the 177th - my uncle did find a photo of them at an auction which he gave me. i need to scan and upload it, which i will do.
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete