September 15

Dear mother & sister,

I am well hoping this will find you well. This is a long day at camp. It is Sunday. There was no passes given this week. How is Ada. Did you hear how Tommy Cowan is. What happened? Allie said he had a runaway. I hear he has got a team of bobtail horses now.

I will be glad when we get out of camp for a change. My throat is sore with the dust. The 157th went away on Friday. They were all happy singing and yelling. I would had liked to been with them. I hear that John Robinson is going to enlist in the 228. Is it true. We expect to leave camp at noon on Wednesday the 18th. There isn’t any more than half the Battalions here now that was here when you were here. When you write address it to Orillia instead of Camp.

I may call you up on the phone on Wednesday night if a get a pass on Friday I will chance a ride from Coldwater for a want of the horse that night to go to a box social at the Newtonville. Write soon. Bye bye from your loving son and brother, Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment