October 3rd

Dear mother & sister

Just a line to let you know I am well. Things are nice down here now it is pretty cool in the morning. Have you seen Clarence or Fred since they came home. It seems to be a quite a lot quieter around here tonight. We miss the 157th fellows there is a lot of fellows gone home on their last leave, about 12 or 13 Battn. Did Cowans have any more word from Tom. They never said anything to me about him late. I don’t think they are really sure where we are going for the winter yet. I hear that Orillia won’t put up any money if they don’t let the 177th go there.

We got paid on Monday. Tell me when you write if there is anybody threshing. We were out shooting today again I made out good. I have made out good so far. It was 300 yards to where we were shooting and we had to load and fire ten rounds in a minute. It is pretty fast shooting. Well bye bye from Bruce.

No comments:

Post a Comment