September 21st

Dear mother & sister

I hope this will find you both well. I am feeling good now. I just got my belt tonight. We were to Barrie Fair the other day. It was some march. We all stood it fine going down. We left camp at about eight o’clock and rested ten minutes every hour and we got to Barrie about 12:30. We had a little parade in Barrie in the afternoon and we slept in the town hall all night. But there was a lot to tell out coming back. My nose started to bleed when I was about half way back. So Lt. Orr got me into a car and brought me back to camp. I am feeling fine since.

Did you get Ada shod yet, how is she any lamer? Our whole Battn got examined today. There wasn’t many failed. I passed alright. We haven’t got to get up here now in the morning to 6 o’clock. Well I guess this is all I have to say this time. I got to camp about 7 o’clock Monday morning looking for a letter from you right away. And tell me if you hear of anybody coming down on Sunday. Bye bye from Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment