Jan 7, 1916



Orillia


Dear Mother & Sister

Just a few lines to let you know I am well, hoping this will find you the same. I have lots of time today to write as I am on guard. It is the first Sunday I have ever been on guard. It is a pretty good job here, we get a half a piece for supper. Hugh said he would relieve me for a couple of hours this after noon if I want to go down town. Well how is every body around Moonstone. How is Ada is she feeling good.

I hear that Tommy Cowan is coming home or is at home. Did you get my letter. I have been looking for answers a quite while. I will likely be home this Saturday. I would like very well to get up to see the people at the harbour. I haven’t been up there since they give us the fowl supper.

They want me to go down to school to Barrie tomorrow, but I refused. I ain’t going unless they make me and I don’t think they will do that. I couldn’t leave Orillia to go to Barrie. I had a big letter from Fred this week. Have you got the school over again – did you make any arrangement about the cutter. Write and tell me all the news right away. I got all my teeth filled last week. I have got to get my plate fixed yet. Well bye bye from your loving son and brother.
Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment