Jan 10 – France


Dear mother and sister

I do hope these few lines will find you well as I am fine. I am getting fat on the job it is all the stuff I have been eating. I rec’d two boxes from you last night. The box with the cake and canned stuff was dandy. But the duck had started to spoil in the other one. The gloves was alright so was the cake.

I believe I can tell you who made the cake. I think mother made the two little cakes that was in the parcel that the cookies was in and I think Lizzie made the cake that was in the box with the gloves wherein the both were fine. I cannot tell you which was the best or I don’t think any body else could. And I could not have got a better pair of gloves if I would have had the chance of picking them. Allies gloves were dandy too.

How is Allies have they been down to see you lately. I guess Ada will be pretty gay in her stable with it all nicely fixed up.

Well I think I have told you all for this time. Herb Crooke is sitting beside me reading a book. He is quite well. Did I tell you I thought Hugh Addison went to the 123rd. Well I will close. Take the best of care of yourselves and do not be worrying. I will look after myself. So bye bye your loving son and brother Bruce Speerin

Oceans of love xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment