Jan 16 – France.


Dear mother & sister

Just a few lines to let you know I am well and thinking of you. I hope this letter will find you well. I am still on rest but think it will soon be my time to hit the front for a while. I have sure had a good rest. My pal and I are going to the movies at the YMCA in a few minutes. So this is going to be a short letter for this time.

Well Lizzie have you had many cutter drives this winter. Have you had any word from Harold lately. How is mother getting along doing chores this stormy weather. Never mind mother this war cannot last forever and you will have me back again. Wouldn’t I just like to be there cutting up a big pile of wood for you. Is the snow as deep around home as ever.

How is Allies. Have they been down lately. Have you been up to the Harbour lately. I heard that Everton Belfry is working in Toronto. Dear mother and sister I will have to close with oceans of love. I am your loving son and brother Bruce Speerin xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment