Jan 30 – France


Well you should just see the smile I got on my face this morning. I just rec’d seven letters last night. Two of them being from you. Their dates were Dec 29 and Jan the 3rd. I hope you will be over your bad cold by now.

Allies found a pretty nice name for the baby I think. Have they been down to see you lately. I hope they are well. I guess Uncle Tom’s boys will think they are men now. Do they ever have any thing to say about me.

I am pretty sure that I received all your boxes alright. I have not had any cold hands. I got the pair of gloves Alex sent and the three pair you sent so I think I am pretty well off for gloves. How is Tom making out at store keeping. You never told me the fellows names who had to put the colors on. How is Ada standing the winter.

Well I must close hoping to hear from you soon again. Bye bye from your loving son and brother Bruce Speerin xxxx

Not mailed until the 6th Feb. Quite well. Another letter to follow soon. Bye bye your loving son and brother Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment