Jan 20 – France


Dear mother and sister

Just a few lines to let you know I am well and thinking of you. I hope this letter will find you both well. It is just a week tonight since I received your last letter I was looking for one tonight but did not get it.

Well the weather is fine here at present but a few days ago we had a spell of rain which made it very nasty of course. I have no room to grouse for I was in a nice dry billet.

Well mother I guess you and Lizzie will be pretty busy keeping the snow shovelled back and doing chores. How are you making out driving Ada. I would just like to get a good cutter drive behind her now. I wonder if she would go as fast for me now as she used to. I guess she has pretty nearly forgot her old master by this time. Did you let her fortop grow out. I noticed in the snap which you took in the summer that her fortop was getting long then. Have you had any snaps taken lately. Try and get some taken. How is Bud coming up does he ever call in to see you. I guess he has missed me. Oh yes how is Tom Sykes coming up what kind of a store keeper does he make. I would think pretty good.

Has Allies been down lately how are all them. I bet Roy will be some talker by now. Is Allie still doing butchering.

Mother let me know if you got any raise in your separation allowance. Was it right that Vern Barr left for over seas. I saw in the paper where he had given a party in the hall and I was wondering if they had got it mixed up with Henry Goodfellow’s name. Let me know who all had to enlist. Well I must close.

Bye bye from your ever loving son and brother Bruce Speerin xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment