January 7 - France

My dear mother and sister

I rec’d your welcome letter and card last night. How you will just know how happy I feel. I hope these few lines will find you well. I hope mother’s cold is better. I am just fine. I also rec’d a little basket last night. It was dandy. I was just wishing mother had not put the duck in the box she is sending, it will be spoiled. It takes it too long to come. But I guess the gloves will be alright. One thing I shall not have cold hands this winter.

I am glad that you are getting along well hope that you have no trouble getting lots of wood.

I guess the Moonstone people will be in a sweat now about some of the boys having to get into the colors. It serves them right. They thought that there could not be Conscription for overseas service. I was wishing that you and Lizzie both got out on election day and give M.B. Tudhope a vote. I know I did.

I had a letter from Emma Dunlop the other night it was a surprise to me. I was not looking for it. I got a parcel from the Red Cross sent by Mrs. Shannon a few days ago. How did you find things in Orillia Lizzie.

I must close it is near bed time for me. Do not be worrying for I am quite well and living high. Well bye bye from your loving son and brother Bruce Speerin

No comments:

Post a Comment