Jan 29 – France


Dear mother and sister

Just a few lines to let you know that I am quite well. I hope that this letter will find you in the best of health. I am writing these few lines in my day out. So you will not need to look for a very long letter this time. It has been some time since I have heard from you. But the boys are all anxious to get some Canadian mail.

I guess you know Sam Epplet from Coldwater and Wilfred Shields from Rosemount. They are in a dugout quite close to me. We visited one and other quite often. Did you know Alvin Jones, his home was at Vasey. He was killed a short time ago. The last time I saw him was about the first of November.

Well we are having dandy weather here now. I can just imagine the snow being about four feet deep around home and drifting everywhere. But I prefer a snowstorm any time to the storms we have. I believe the snow storm is the healthiest. Write me a big long letter and tell me all the news.

Well now do not be worrying dear mother and sister for I am quite well and well protected. And I do hope this war will soon be over. I will wring off. Bye bye from your loving son and brother Bruce Speerin

Ps., I did not get this letter away yesterday so I am putting in some more…

No comments:

Post a Comment