Jan 13 – France


Dear mother and sister

I hope these few lines will find you dear ones well as it leaves me just dandy at present. Still enjoying my rest. It is sure a treat to be out of the line a while. I was at church parade this morning. I was just thinking Lizzie will be at church now. I guess the snow will be a little too deep for you mother to go to church. Is there many turn out for church do they ever say anything about Captain McDonald. I have never met him out here yet. Their Battn always seems to be so far from ours. John Robinson is with his too. Edwin Sykes told me that he had had a letter from John and he said he would have been at the Corp of Sports if he had thought he would meet any of us there. I meet a lot of the boys there.

Well how are you and Ada getting along mother. I guess it keeps you busy attending her. How is Cowans coming up.

Well I have had tea since I started to write this letter. And the mail just come in. You should just see the big smile I have on now. I got four letters and a card. One letter was from you, was dated the 22/Dec. Now you can just imagine how glad I be to hear from you. I also got two parcels, one box from you and one from Mrs. Albert Sykes. So that is pretty good for one night’s mail. Your box came OK. The strawberries look excellent. I think I get all your boxes.

I am glad you got my cards and parcel that I sent you. So Allies were not down for Christmas it would be lonesome enough for you. Was Aunt Hattie up for Christmas. I often get a letter from little Hattie.

I am glad that you got out and voted on election day it, is worth something too when you don’t lose your vote. Glad to know that Tom Sykes got his card alright looking for a letter from him soon. Alf hardly ever writes.

Well I must close. Remember I still love you. Do not ever think because I am away over here I forget you. I think all the more of you and will be glad when the day comes that I return home to be with my dear mother and sister again. I am your loving son and brother Bruce Speerin xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment