Feb 14 – France

Dear mother and sister

I hope these few lines will find you well as it leaves me fine at present. I am just ready to get into bed, I have my blankets already laid down. My bed mate is sleeping. I thought I had better write a few lines tonight in case that it might be a few days before I could get another chance to write. We are having nice weather here at present. I rec’d a letter from you the other night, glad to know that you are well and over your cold. I had a letter from Alf Cowan and Tom Sykes the same night. Tom sent me a picture of young Murra it was just dandy of him. He sure has grown a lot since I saw him last.

Did you get any Valentines today. I forgot all about it. I intend on sending you some but never thought about it until this evening. I heard the boys speak about it.

You sure must have had some snow storm, how did you manage with the chores then.

I rec’d an Ontario parcel the other night. There was a dandy pair of leather mitts in it.

Well I must close I will write soon again. Don’t be worrying I am quite well and trust in God I will soon be home again. I remain your loving son and brother Bruce Speerin

No comments:

Post a Comment