March 15 – France

Dear mother and sister

Just a few lines in answer to your welcome letters I rec’d last night. Their dates was Jan 30th, Feb 2nd and believe me I sure be glad to hear from you. I hope these few lines will find you well as it leaves me fine at present.

Well I guess you have had a cold old winter at home. I know we have had it cool out here at times. But we are having dandy weather here now. The old French men are all busy digging and planting their gardens.

Well I have seen a lot of the boys lately. I see Will Douglas and Alex quite often. Also Melville Belfry and Jimmy and believe me Dave was sure glad to see me. And Douglas McNaff is with them too. I also was speaking to Capt McDonald on Monday. He was wanting to know how you were keeping. Will Rayfield is in Clarences Battn. I had a letter from him today. He said that Clarence was not very well the time he wrote. Well news is scarce out here so I will have to close. I am your loving son and brother Bruce Speerin xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment