May 2 - France

Dear mother and sister

Just a few lines hoping they will find you well as it leaves me fine at present. I have not had any letters from you for a few days but hope to hear from you soon. There has been no Can mail for a few days.

Well mother I was wondering what you was doing this nice day. I can just imagine how busy you and Lizzie is this spring. Who did you get to plough the garden and how did you manage to get the rest of the ground in. How is Ada this spring. I suppose she pulls the buggy along pretty smooth. Did you get all the old hair curried out. Well Lawson and I am still holding down our job.

Herb Crooke and Herb Rumney was over to see us a while this evening. How is Alex’s have they been down since the wheeling got good. Write and tell me lots of news. Oh say I heard that there was some body around Moonstone that had been stealing oats. But I did not hear who it was. I hope they were well punished for it. And who was it they stole from.

Did Robert Ferganzie have a sale and where are they living now. Herb Crooke was saying his father had been at some sale around Vasey and the cows sold from 90 to 140 a piece. Some price. Well I must close hoping to hear from you soon. From your loving son and brother Bruce Speerin xxxxxx heaps of love

No comments:

Post a Comment