March 8 – France

Dear mother and sister

I hope these few lines will find you well as it leaves me fine at present. I have had the best of health out here. It has been some time since I have heard from you. But expect a letter any time.

I am sorry that I do not get a chance to write to you oftener but I think you know that we can not write every day. We are having splendid weather here now. Every thing is so much like spring you could not imagine the difference between this country and Canada. I guess you have mountains of snow around home.

I guess it will be about the first of April by the time you get this letter. Well a year has went pretty fast to me. I have sure seen some sights. But I know it has been a long year to you. But it shall not be long until I be home again, in about two or three months time. We will show Friz’s where they get off at. I have been in France better than six months now.

Well how is you and Ada coming up. Is she feeling as gay as she did last spring. How is the hens laying. You asked me if I thought eggs would keep coming this far. No they wouldn’t be very good and besides I have all the eggs to eat that is good for me. I think I have eaten more eggs this last two months then I ate in a whole year at home.

How is Allies have you seen them lately. I suppose he is butchering. Tell Alf Cowan and Tom Sykes I will answer their letters right away.

I will have to ring off. Remember dear mother and sister I love you all ways. And be wondering how you are for you are so dear to me. Well bye bye from your loving son and brother Bruce Speerin xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment