Feb 18 – France

Dear mother and sister

I hope these few lines will find you well. I am just fine at present. I rec’d the box you sent last night. You have no idea how good the eats went. Just imagine having peaches to eat in the trenches. I just finished eating my breakfast. I toasted some bread over a little fire and I put lots of the good butter on you sent me and had some of the peaches. Believe me it was the best breakfast I have had for some time, and the cake my pals and I had for lunch last night. A parcel sure comes in good in the line.

Well mother I guess you and Lizzie is having a big time doing chores through the stormy winter. Has Allies been down lately. I hope they are well. I guess they don’t be down very often for it is a quite a ways to fetch little Grace in the cold. But I bet it would not bother Roy.

How is Cowan’s. Alf told me in his letter that he was turned down.

Well we are having dandy weather here at present. I bet it is different to the stormy weather you will be having around home. Well I must ring off. Hoping to hear from you soon again and do not be worrying I am quite well. From your loving son and brother Bruce Speerin xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment