June 18 - France

Dear mother and sister

Just a few more lines I had to cut my letter pretty short last night and I have a few minutes before the mail goes.

I guess you heard before this about Alex Douglas been wounded. I had a letter from one of my pals of that Battn a few days ago. He said that he had been talking to Will and he had told him Alex’s wound was pretty bad, that he had been hit in the back. Dave Sallows was down at the Base for three weeks he had blood poisoning in the hand but is better now.

Has Alex’s been down lately hope they are well. I had a letter from Mrs. Charlie Russell and she said she had been up to Midland to Joe Cowan’s funeral. Do you ever see Will Cowan’s. You want to take a drive out there believe me you would have a good time for a few hours. How is the Conscripts coming up.

I saw in the Orillia Packet in V.H. news where they had I was knocked down and got a few scratches with the shell the time Wallace was killed. Not that bad I was close enough though that my steel helmet jumped about six inches up off the top of my head. But I received no scratches of any kind.

I didn’t tell what kind of sports we had yesterday. Well there was base ball, indoor ball, football, lacrosse and all kinds of races and jumping. Well I must ring off.

Bye bye with love to all Bruce xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment