June 17 - France

Darling mother and sister

Just a few lines to let you know I am well hoping this letter will find you in the best of health. I was looking for a letter from you yesterday but I did not get it. I got one from Emma D. I am anxious to get a letter hoping to hear that Lizzie is better.

I rec’d four parcels from you this last day or two. They came in good shape. Three of them had butter. The butter came nice and hard and the parcel that had the little white jar was good too. The maple sugar was dandy. I think my self pretty sweet after eating all of it.

I have been at a big sports day today. All the boys are feeling tired tonight. My pals that sleep on both sides of me are in bed so I am going to make my letter short. Will write soon again hoping to hear from you shortly. From your loving son and brother xxxxxxxx Bruce

Ps will you please thank Mrs. George and Art Dunlop for the parcel rec’d from them. I will write them soon. Bye bye B.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment