April 11

St. John


Dear mother & sister

I hope this letter will find you both well as I could not be better. St. John agrees with me pretty good. I only wish you were here to see the city. We have over nine inches of snow here just like winter, it fell the other night. I think it will be away again tomorrow.

How is Ada. Say has Allie been down yet I bet he was sorry he did not see me but it could not be helped, the roads were too bad. Say there is only about five hundred and 50 men in our Battn now. Just enough for two companies so we had a change today, they put D. Coy in with B. Coy and C in with A Coy. We have Major Scott for our Coy Commanding officer. Major Wallace is 2nd in command. Douglas was put in No 7 platoon with me and Hugh is going to try and get in with me too. It is the best platoon in the Battn. Col McPhee said and I think we always have been. We have four sections in each platoon,

I am sending a little parcel with this letter. You can have whichever one you want. Lizzie you can have the apron or the cushion top, whichever you like and mother can have the other. Just so to say you have some thing from St. John. Well I must close for this time. Looking for a letter from you soon. From your loving son and brother Bruce.

#853160 Pt. J.B. Speerin

No 2 Coy, 177th Battn CEF

7 Plattoon

St. John New Brunswick Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment