April 30

Dear mother & sister

I hope this letter will find you well as I am fine. I have all my kit packed ready to leave any time now. I expected that we will be going right after dinner. We have got to go to Halifax again to take the ship. I may get a chance to drop you a card before I sail yet. But don’t you ever worry over me. I am in the best of health and will be all right whenever we go. And if you ever hear about our ship going down don’t believe it for the Germans just get it going to keep the people on edge. There is no danger of our ship getting sunk for they are too well guarded. There never was one sunk yet.

So I will write to you soon as I land. If you inquire you will hear from Orillia when we landed for Major Wallace will likely send a cable gram or it will be in the Toronto daily papers. Well I put in a pretty good evening yesterday. Well I guess I had better close. From your loving son and brother Bruce xxxx

Will Douglas told me to tell you to tell his people that we are leaving today.

God be with you tell we meet again
Keep love’s banner floating o’er you
Smite death’s wave before you
God be with you till we meet again

No comments:

Post a Comment