Jan 31

Orillia


Dear mother & sister

I hope this will find you well as I am fine and putting in the best of a time. I am awful well taking up with it . I would hate to leave the soldiering and the people of Orillia use us good. It makes us proud I have been invited out for tea on Sunday to about a half a doz different places. Say do you know who I met last night, Mrs. Seymour.

I got your letter and 3 dollars on Saturday, and the hymn book I intend it for you. I had two of them. Two or three of the boys were telling me they saw you in the Harbour. Have you seen Allie lately. How is everybody in Moonstone. Lizzie spoke of Emma having a soldier friend in Orillia. I hardly ever see her.

We are getting paid tomorrow morning. I may be home Sunday if I do I will have some company, it will be in the afternoon if it is fine. I got a letter from you today and I wrote last Saturday. I didn’t get to bed last night to near 12 o’clock so I will make up for it tonight. I will go at 10 or a quarter. I am sending Lizzie a little present after I get paid. It ain’t up to much. Just a little number of 177th I will send it tomorrow night and you will get it on Friday if I don’t forget.

Was I telling you that we expect that our Battn is going to be broken up it will be a month or more yet before we can get over seas. We have to wait on a transport. Say I will tell you what COAC is – Canadian Ordinance Army Corps. Well write soon from your loving son and brother Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment