May 13

England


Dear mother & sister

Just a few lines to let you know I am well. I had a big long letter written to send to you all about my trip but I find out I cannot send it. I will keep it till I come back with it myself.

I have never been sick. The sea don’t bother me at all. There has been a lot of sick boys. A quite a few cases of mumps, one fellow died with them. His name was Kerr. He came from Elmvale.

Lance Rumball was on the same boat as I was. We had a pretty good trip of it. It was rough for two days but the rest was good and calm. We put 12 days on the boat.

How are you getting along with the spring work. I don’t think it will be very long till I be back to help you. How is Allies. I hope they are well. Have you to take pills yet Lizzie. I hope you are better. How is mother and Ada getting along farming. I supposed they have a big time. Where do have you her pasturing when you write, do tell me lots of news. I may be able to tell you a little more about my trip in my next letter. I wanted to get a few lines to you before we got to Camp. I know you would be worrying about me to know if I landed safe. I guess you will hear before you get this letter. I was hoping you would any way. I will write again in a day or two and tell you my address. Well bye bye from your loving son and brother Bruce xx

No comments:

Post a Comment