May 30

Dear mother & sister

I hope this letter will find you well as I am feeling fine. But I expect to be kept up here in the hospital for fourteen more days anyways. I guess about the time you get this letter I will be on my pass. I don’t just know where I am going yet. Well I think our mail must have went to the bottom of the ocean. This is the fifth letter I have wrote to you.

There has not been any Canadian mail come in for us yet, only what was here before we came. It seems a long time to do without mail but it was just what I was hoping for I will be getting this spring, mail next winter. Well how are you making farming going. Tough enough I suppose. Well this is a good place to save money. The last pay I got was the first of May. 5 dollars and I have a few cents yet. I guess I won’t get paid till I go on pass now. And I don’t want any till then. I want to save a bit if I can, there is nothing to spend it on here and I am glad of it.

How is Ada. I just wish I could go for a drive with her this evening. I will be able to tell you lots after I come off pass. How is you and the garden coming on. Do you ever see Bud. Tell him to write, it will get here some time. Any garden parties or picnics around Moonstone, I suppose you will take in the 12 of July in V. Harbour. I bet there will be a good time. Well you want to get hold of some good strawberries for I expect to be back to help eat them before next year. Did you get many potatoes in I guess not. It will be just as well any way there is a lot of work preparing them. Well I guess I will have to close for this time. It is supper time and the nurse wants me to help her to carry the meals around, eggs and strawberries and bread and butter for supper and a cup of good tea. Well I must ring off. Bye bye from your loving son and brother Bruce xx

No comments:

Post a Comment