April 17

St. John


Dear mother & sister

I received your welcome letter on Monday and was more than pleased to hear from you. I guess you know how glad I was to get it. I guess the people is busy plowing around home. It must be nice there now for I know it is dandy here. We had a little route march this afternoon and got paid this afternoon, they paid us in cash this time instead of cheques.

How are you making out for stuff. I was sorry to hear that Annie is sick. Say if you ever be at Allies be careful where you put Ada so she will not get kicked for one of Allies horses kicks bad.

Whenever you see them tell them I be asking about them and would like to know if they would get their mail at Midland so as if I was to write I would like to know if they got it or not.

I got some papers today I don’t know where they came from though, the Orillia Times and Packet. Does any of the people ever be asking where I am.

Lt Orr told me today we may be here two more weeks yet, we never know though. The officers don’t know much more than we do. It only takes a letter about two days to come from Coldwater here. We are putting in a pretty smooth time here. The way the war looks in the papers we may never see the front. Say has Lou Douglas got his discharge, I hear he was getting it. We will be getting pretty lazy boys if they keep us here for another two weeks with out much drilling to do.

Be sure and tell me lots of news the next time you write. I must write another letter or two tonight yet I want to go to an entertainment. If you be talking to Dunlops tell them I was asking about James’ foot, and tell them I said that maple sugar was just grand. It wasn’t Ada that stepped on James foot was it. Looking for a big long letter right away. I must close from your loving son and brother Bruce Bye Bye xx

No comments:

Post a Comment