April 24

Dear mother & sister

I hope this letter will find you well as I am just fine. Tell the people around Moonstone that we will soon be home, the war is near over. We will soon be home, say tell me if you got your cheques alright. How is all of Allies. Does little Roy ever speak of me. How is you and Ada getting along, have you put the top on the buggy, yet. Well how is Tommy Cowan coming on. Well I am glad to hear the hens are laying good.

There is entertainment here for us soldiers every night. Do you ever be up at the harbour. How is everybody up there. Has any of Uncle Tom Lawson’s been up lately and have you ever seen Will Cowan?

Well I am in the machine gun section now. I am going to try it for a while. I made out good on the gun. I studied in Toronto, but I have three more to learn yet. But they say they are easy to learn. They are much bigger you know, they haul them around with horses. Well I guess I must close for this time. Write soon from your loving son and brother Bruce xx

#853160 Pt. J.B. Speerin

Machine Gun Section

117th OS Battn CEF

St. John, NB

No comments:

Post a Comment