March 13

Toronto


Dear mother & sister

I hope this letter will find you well as I am at present. Well it is an easy course I am taking but there is a fearful lot of studying about it. We have a lot of notes to take in the day and we have to study them at night. I have to just to write six letters tonight so that is a few.

Say I was up to Aunt Maggies last night and had a fine time. I am going up there tomorrow night. They are well. Uncle Jim and Aunt had a bad cold but they are pretty well over it now. Alma and I are going out tomorrow evening and we are going to Russell’s on Friday night. Alma and Maggie are two fine cousins. Uncle Jim says for Lizzie to take care of his cat. How is Ada. I may be home a week from Saturday. Bye bye from your loving son and brother Bruce

Write soon

#853160 Pte. J.B. Speerin

Machine Gun Section B. Coy 177th Batt

In care 216th Batt Davenport Barracks

Toronto Ontario



We’ll study in Victoria College, Charles St. and sleep with the little men in the 216th Bantams

No comments:

Post a Comment