April 22

St. John New Brunswick


Dear mother & sister

In answer to your letter I received the other day, I hope this letter will find you well. Well, we are still here at St. John. I heard that the people around Orillia got it going that we are quarantined for the fever or mumps but it is not true. Well, have you got any of the garden in yet. It rained here yesterday.

On Friday we had a little march out as far as Rockdale Park. It is a dandy park. They have all kinds of wild animals out there and you can take a mountain walk up over some large rocks. We were to St. James church this morning. It is an old military church built over 60 years ago. After church we came up to King square, where we followed the returned soldiers and the 217th. The 236 came after us, it was a big parade. The streets were just crowded to see it.

Have you heard from Allies yet. What is the people doing around Moonstone, have they sowed any grain yet, how is Ada. She hasn’t had a little colt yet I guess she ain’t going to. Well when you write tell me all the news. Myrtle sent me a box of maple sugar and I have had a couple of letters from her.

Well I guess I will close for this time, it is just a fine day here and I think I will go out to the park this afternoon again. So bye bye from your loving son and brother, Bruce xx

No comments:

Post a Comment