March 18

Toronto


Dear mother & sister

I hope this letter will find you well as I am fine at present. Hoping you are having a good time believe me I am. We were dismissed Sat at one o’clock and haven’t got to report till 9 o’clock Monday morning. I expect to be going back to Orillia on Thursday.

I would sooner live in Toronto now then Orillia. It is just grand. You couldn’t lose me on a beat. Alma and I was going up to Russells on Friday night so we thought we would phone before we would go up. And they said that she was up in Orillia, but the expected her back that night or the next day. So I will likely see her yet. I often be up to Aunt Maggies. The girls like to see me. Aunt Maggie says she would like to go out to our place herself for a while in the spring for a rest. Maggie and Alma are two fine cousins. They laugh and talk about the times they had at our place.

We never got our cheques this pay yet I don’t know not likely I will get it to I get back to Orillia. I was at a show last night it was just great.

There is lots of returned soldiers going around here, cripples with a leg or a hand off. Say they hold some great recruiting meetings here on the streets. You wouldn’t think they would be allowed to say what they do, they just up and tell the men that it’s the hides they’re afraid of and when they get them in a crowd they get a ring around them and keep them there and make them give them their names and excuses for not going.

Well I guess this is all I have to tell you now. I will have lots to tell you when I get home on my next pass. Looking for a letter from you soon. Bye bye from your loving son and brother Bruce

B. Coy 177th Battn, CEF

Machine Gun School

89 Charles St Toronto

No comments:

Post a Comment