Aug 18 – France


Dear mother and sister

Just a few lines to lets you know I am well. I know by what you see in the paper it will make you pretty uneasy. I rec’d a letter from you today and believe me I was glad to get it for I was feeling uneasy about you.

Well this is Sunday and a nice cool day it has been. I had pretty nearly forgotten what day it was until I heard the bands playing hymns for church service. So I knew at once what day it was. I guess you know about as much as I could tell you of the little battle we have been in lately. We had a day or two good sport. Say that pansy you sent in the letter was a dandy. Was such a nice large one. I am glad Lizzie received her brooch ok.

I was sorry to hear that Uncle Will had died. He dropped dead outside did he – it must have taken him much the same as Father. Has Allies been down lately hope they are well.

I have not had my leave yet but expect to get it in Sept any way. You know my pal has been away on leave, he is not back yet. He missed this little scrap and I am glad he did, he had to wait about 14 months for his but I don’t think I will have that long to wait. Well I must ring off. Bye bye with love from your loving son and brother Bruce xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment