July 26 - France


Dear mother and sister

Just a few lines to let you know I am quite well hoping this letter finds you well. I received a letter from you yesterday was sure glad to know that you are keeping well.

Sorry to hear that Uncle Will Speerin is dead. Was he going around at the time or had he been sick in bed. Is John at home. Willie told me he was working in Orillia. Anyway George should be big enough to take hold of the farm.

I saw Ed Sykes a couple of days ago. I was asking him how Clarence was, but said he had not seen him for some time that Clarence was down the line a piece on a rest. Ed is full corporal now. It was just by lucky chance I had met him for our Battns never get very close together.

Glad to know that the hay was good and the grain looking good. I wish I was there now to cut it. There is a lot of talk about the war being over shortly. Some thinks August. I know things look much better out here lately. We have him beaten in the air by a long way. I know I see a big difference between last fall and this spring.

I rec’d a parcel from the V.Harbour B Class last night. Do you ever get out there. Do you ever see Everton Belfry. I was expecting to hear of Everton being married before this.

How is Alexs. Ray Belcher had a letter from old Jimmie and old Jimmie said Allies was quite well then. Have you had much rain around home this summer. We had real nice weather here. How has old Mr. Cowan kept this summer has Tom kept well. Has Uncle Tom been up to see you very often. What does he think of the war.

Well I must ring off for they are going to collect the mail right away and I want to get it away with it. Do not be worrying for I am quite well. Bye bye from your loving son and brother Bruce xxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment