July 15th – France


Dear mother and sister

Just a few lines to let you know I am real well. Hoping this letter will find you quite well.

I received a letter from you yesterday and I be sure pleased to hear that you are keeping well and getting along all right. Your letter was dated June 15th. I also rec’d a parcel from you. It was dated May. Every thing was fine in it, the butter was good and the cake was dandy. I sure have rec’d a lot of parcels from home. I also received a parcel from Alex, it was dated May 23rd. Tell Alex many thanks for it. I am writing him a letter. I will send it to Midland. Were you over to Orillia on the 19th. What kind of a time did you have. Where you to Coldwater on the 12th of July. Was there a very big crowd there.

Was Myrtle out to see you on the first. She told me that she was going to try and get out. Has Alexs been down lately. Hope they are keeping well. Have you been out to V.H., how is every body out there.

Did I tell you I saw Willie Rayfield a few days ago. He had been left out of the line. He had fell in a trench one dark night and give him self a little strain. But he is quite better again. He said Clarence was down the line on a rest and that Ed Sykes was quite well. Say will you send me Fred Shannon’s address in some of your letters.

Say what ones of the McFarlanes have to come so they think it alright to come now. Young Lawrence was wishing the whole bunch of them would have to come.

Well I must close hoping to hear from you soon and do not be worrying for I am quite well hoping that this old war will soon end. Bye bye from your loving son and brother Bruce xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment