Dec 15 – France

Dear mother and sister

Just a few lines to say I am well hoping this letter finds you well. I am at No 5 Convalescent Camp. It is about all Canadians that is here. I will tell you the place we are at, Cayeux, right near the coast. I just come here last night. The boil I had on my little finger is not quite better yet but is coming along as good as I can expect it. I get it dressed twice a day with good hot dressings.

Well I think I will soon be on my way home. They are grouping us here by whatever trade you are. I will know tomorrow what group I am in. I know I will be in one of the first groups to get home. I will let you know in my next letter what group I get and I think I will be able to tell you when I will be sailing for home. Of course I guess it wouldn’t be much use telling you for I expect I will be on my way home by the time you get this letter. So cheer up your son will soon be back to stay.

So get the hens laying mother and Lizzie you can get Ada well brushed up. So we can do some driving when I get home. Well I must close I am going to put a few lines in for Allies. You can give it to him and tell them to look for a letter from me. Bye bye from your loving son and brother Bruce xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment