Oct 23 – France

Dear mother and sister

Just a few lines to say I am well hoping this letter finds you in the best of health.

Well I am back about a week now from Blighty. Had an awfully good time on my leave. I rec’d several letters from you that was waiting for me. One of them had some money in it. Thanks very much for it. It means some fruit and biscuits at the YMCA for me.

There is sure some change here since I came back. I hardly knew any of the boys. Dave is alright yet. I am still in the pit and I also got my little friends with me again. They sure keep a fellow company.

I rec’d a letter from Allies. Was glad to hear from them with some dandy little snaps of Roy and Grace in it. Was sorry to hear Allie is not very well.

I was going to put a couple of cards in this letter that I had taken while on leave but I have not got a large enough envelope to put them in. I will get one at the YMCA tomorrow. But I will send the letter tonight. Well I must close with love from your loving son and brother Bruce xxxxxxxx

Do not be worrying I am quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment