Oct 30 – France

Dear mother and sister

Just a few lines to say I am real well. Hoping this letter finds you well. I received a letter from you last night dated Oct 5th. Glad to hear you are well.

I also rec’d a parcel the night before. It came ok. Everything in it was good. Oh yes. I also got a dollar in this letter. I am well away now got some dollar bills some lb notes and some francs. I see when the YMCA gets a good stock in it I will live high for a few days.

You said that you send one parcel with a jar of rhubarb in it and one with a pair of gloves. I have got neither of those yet. But I think they came while I was on leave. I told my chum to get any that come for me while I was away and open them and eat the eats in them and keep the socks or anything like that for me. My chum told me there was two come but they would not give them to him. But I was told where he thought they had gone and it made me a little sore. I had a quite a chew about them. I thought I might have lost my stripe about it but have not so far. It made me a little mad. I thought my chum was more entitled to them then any body else. Any how I am back now and I will get my own parcels alright.

I saw Douglas McNaff yesterday, he is back with his Battn again. He told me that Willie Douglas was away on leave to Blighty, also Melville Belfry and Dave Sallows.

Did I tell you in some of my other letters that I had a letter from Allies and got some little snaps of little Grace and Roy. I think them just grand. That one with little Grace in the carriage and Roy standing along side is awfully good.

Say I got a big surprise a few minutes ago. I was sitting here writing and I heard a fellow outside inquiring if Speerin live in here. Of course when he came in I hardly knew who he was until I had a good look at him. And who do you think it was. Morg Edwards from Vasey. He tells me that George Morrisson is in the 3rd Reserve. Well I must ring off do not be worrying for I am quite well. With love from your loving son and brother Bruce xxxx

Ps give Alexs my love and tell I will write them soon. Bye bye B.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment