August 15 - France

Dear mother and sister

Just a few lines to let you know I am well hoping this letter finds you well. It has been a long time since I had a letter from you. I have been wondering if there is any thing wrong. Your last letter dated July 3rd said Lizzie had had her hand bitten by a dog. I hope it is better long before this. I have been wondering if blood poison had set in. I hope not. Not getting any mail has made me a little uneasy. I got three letters from Orillia since yours, the latest July 25th. I may get one from you today. I hope so.

Well this is lovely bright weather. It would be much nicer to be at home in the harvest field than out here trying to scrap. I guess you are good and busy at present. I will have to get busy if I am going to be home to help to dig the potatoes, but I think we will be good to be home for Christmas which will be pretty good.

Did you get the photo I sent you. Myrtle said in her last letter she had got the fellow in the centre got a nice little wound, he will be in good old blighty by now. And the other poor fellow was killed a few days ago. And I guess you will have heard about Lawson and Herb Rumney being wounded, I think they both would make blighty.

Have you seen Allies lately how are they. Tell them I will write them soon again.

Well I must ring off. Now do not be worrying for I am quite alright and I will write soon again. I have a lot of news to tell of the fun we have had lately. Hoping to hear from you soon again from your loving son and brother Bruce xxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment