Oct 3 – Edinburgh

Dear mother and sister

Just a line I am putting in with some cards that was given to me of a Friz’s prisoner, they will give you any thing they got on them such as a watch or money. But I do not carry any of those souvenirs on me in case a fellow was taken prisoner. I know if us fellows catch Friz’s with any watch or such stuff that had been taken of our fellows I think he would have a very poor chance of going far. Of course I never expect to be taken prisoner. But it is better to take no chances of being caught carrying such stuff.

Well I was through the Scottish museum this morning and I had a real good time yesterday and I had a dandy nights rest . I thought I was home in my feather bed it was so nice and soft. Well I must ring off will write tomorrow again hoping you are well. Bye bye from your loving son and brother Bruce xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment