July 2 – France


Dear mother and sister

Just a few lines to let you know I am real well. I wrote you a letter on Sunday but did not get it away on count of being at the sports on Monday so I thought I would not send it, I would write another and tell you how I spent the first.

I had a real good time. I saw a lot of the fellows I had not seen for some time. I saw Melville B and Dave. I did not see Will Douglas they said he was there but the crowd was too large to get seeing every body. I tried to find out if Alex had been wounded very badly. It was not too bad. He got a couple of pieces of shrapnel in the back. Will has had a letter from him and he says he is getting along fine. I saw Willie Speerin too he looks quite well. He is full corporal now. I did not see Clarence or Ed, they are in the line now. George Bailey is billeted right close where I am at present. He says he often gets a letter from Dalton Heaship and that Dalt had bought a farm. So Verna and George Morrisson has to come. I guess that hurts them. I saw two of the Harbours boys that had just enlisted before the Conscription Bill at the sports.

Well what kind of a time did you have on the first, was there a picnic at Moonstone.

I am glad to know you are getting along alright. Have you had any new potatoes to eat this year yet. I had some last Saturday. Glad to know Ada is keeping in good shape. I guess mother has a dandy bunch of chickens this year too. I would just like to get home this fall I see where we would have some nice roast.

I got some photos taken a short time ago. I am putting one in this letter. They are sure not very good but I thought I would send one anyway.

I will tell you the fellows that are taking with me Herbert Beckett in the centre and Louis Bender on his left. Herb is sure a jolly lad he is married and have two little kiddies. They live in Dunnville Ont.

Well I must close dear mother and sister hoping to hear from you soon and remember that I love you. Do not think because there is a few miles between us that I forget you. Heaps of love from your ever loving son and brother Bruce xxxxxx

Ps. Tell Alex I will send him a card in my next letter hoping they are all well.



No comments:

Post a Comment