July 7 – France


Dear mother and sister

Just a few lines to let you know I am well hoping this letter finds you quite well. It has been about a week and a half since I had any word from you but I expect to get a letter today. Well this is Sunday morning and a dandy morning it is. This would be just a dandy morning to take a nice car drive if I was at home. I guess Alf and Tom Cowan will be busy driving their girls around today. Who is Alf’s school teacher. How is Mr. and Mrs. Cowan keeping. The old man was sick for a while in the spring was he not. Well it will soon be harvesting. I hope you get the oats cut and in all right. I guess help will be pretty scarce alright. How is the apple crop around home this year are you going to have many.

I am putting in a couple of little flowers I got in a letter from Scotland for you. And I am putting in a photo for Allies. I sent you one in my last letter, hope you got it alright.

Has Alexs been down lately. Hope they are keeping well. Does Bud ever be in to see you. I have never had any word from him for a long time. Well I cannot think of much to tell you. It is about the same old thing out here all the time. Say will you get Fred Shannon’s address and send it to me. I have never met him out here yet, but I dare say I have been close enough often enough to him but did not know what he is with or I would have hunted him up. Well I must close hoping to hear from yours soon. From your loving son and brother Bruce xxxxxx

Ps. I feel like kicking myself. I burned an old writing pad yesterday with my photos in it. And I never new it until now when I went to go to put one in this letter and found out I had none. So I will have to get some more taken before I can send one. Bye bye Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment