Dec 1 – France – 18th Gen Hospital

Dear mother & sister

Just a line to let you know I am pretty well. I am still in the hospital. The sore that was on my finger is almost better but I have another coming up on the back of the same hand. They are like boils. I guess I will be here for another week. If I could have got to the Base tomorrow or the next day I would have been sailing for home before the end of the week. 14,000 Canadians to go from France to Canada this week, that is men that is in Railway Battn or men at Base here.

I expect now that I will be on my way home before Christmas.

I hope this letter will find you well. I want to find you good and well when I walk in home of course I will let you know may be a few days before I come. You are going to see a big fat fellow. You may hardly know me but I don’t think I have growed that much.

Well it has been cold here today. Much like winter.

Of course it has been very nice sitting in the ward here around the fire. How is Alexs I hope they are well. I am ashamed of myself for not writing them before this. But I will try and get some more paper tomorrow and write then. I will ring off. Do not be worrying I will soon be home. Bye bye from your loving son and brother Bruce xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment