Dec 11 – France

Dear mother and sister

Just a line to let you know I am well. I just came out of the hosp today to convalescence it is right at Etapes. I expect to go to my Base from here in a few days, although I believe there is another boil coming on my little finger. If it is as sore as the first one I had I will be back in the hospital in a few days again.

I feel ashamed of myself for not sending you a little Christmas card or something but it was impossible for me to get any around the hospital. But I will see what I can get around here. It might be late for Christmas but you will know I will have not forgotten you. I have had no mail since I came into the hosp. it sure seems a long time.

Art O’Shea went to Blighty from the same hosp as I was in a few days ago. I may be home by my birthday but I don’t think much before it.

Hope Allies are all well too. Tell them we will all spend Christmas 1919 at home all us again together. Well I will ring off. Bye bye merry Christmas and happy new year to all from your loving son and brother Bruce xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment