Nov 13 – France

Dear mother & sister

Just a few lines to say I am in the hospital. Now do not think I am sick because I say I am in the hospital. I had a “whitton” (probably whit on – piece of shrapnel) on my right hand that brought me here. You may notice the writing poor because I have to do some with my left hand so this letter will be short.

My hand is not very sore. You know I am able to be up around. It is nothing serious so do not be worrying. I was admitted into the (hospital) on the 8th of Nov and expected to be discharged from the hospital any day. I will be back with my Battn again.

I guess you have heard the good news about peace. Believe me the boys are feeling good and happy here tonight. So I may have a good chance to be back home by Christmas or shortly after. I believe our Battn will be one of the first ones to reach Canada.

Well bye bye I will write soon again. From your ever loving son and brother Bruce xxxxxxxxxx

Ps please do not be worrying for I am well.

No comments:

Post a Comment